Beach volleyball is back by popular demand !! There is a coed ACC alumni league playing Thursday evenings at North Ave beach. The league will begin either July 27 or Aug 3, and will run 7 weeks. League dues will be about $50/person depending on the size of our team.
Please email Brian Danilo if you are interested and/or have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you leave your successful Investment Banking career to launch a startup in an industry you have no experience? What if your startup helped the early careers of comedian Chris Rock, Oscar winner Jamie Foxx, the tv/radio host of everything Steve Harvey, the late Bernie Mac, the great Dave Chappelle, and dozens more… Then a documentary was made about you that earned great acclaim. Then you become a producer and your latest movie about Maya Angelou was just selected for the 2016 Sundance Film Festival. Sounds crazy but taking that risk is what D’87 Raymond Lambert did and he is sharing his behind the scenes entrepreneurial story with our Darden Chicago alumni. Stay tuned as we’re working on event details but you can order Raymond’s book All Jokes Aside or rent the documentary Phunny Business from Amazon… or, you can stay in that safe banking job.
The date has slid a bit – Raymond is launching a new project – but we’re both working on finalizing a time and location after the holidays.
In celebration of our nonexistent winter, join the alumni on February 28 for our Q1 Fat Tuesday Happy Hour. We’ll be meeting at Randolph Tavern @ 188 W Randolph St from 5:30 – ???
As usual, look for the Darden colored balloons and recruit fellow alumni to join us !
Darden alumni are the most important resource to connect our students with full-time job and internship opportunities. The Career Development Center seeks your help to increase the number of global career opportunities available to all of our students and U.S. opportunities available to our international students. Your help is critical to achieving these goals. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Post a Job: Post your full-time and internship employment opportunities for Darden students on the Darden Career Development Center job board. Our students are interested in both U.S. and international opportunities. Summer positions do not have to be MBA internship programs; they can be challenging project work for your business challenges. Contact Denise Karaoli (email@example.com) for questions.
- Funding Opportunities for Internships: If you’re looking to hire Darden talent to intern this summer in the U.S. or internationally, we have a number of funding opportunities available to you:
- Startup Venture or Angel-backed Companies: The Batten Venture Internship Program (BVIP) provides a matching stipend to supplement a student’s summer salary. Contact Reid Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about the program.
- International Small- to Medium-Sized Companies: Darden has just launched a program to partner with companies overseas that may not have the resources to hire a Darden student but could benefit from their skill sets to address business challenges. If you’re interested in learning more about this program, contact Denise Karaoli.
- Nonprofit Organizations: Students may apply to the Darden Nonprofit Internship Fund to defray expenses of pursuing an internship in the nonprofit space anywhere in the world.
- Connect With Students at Darden Interview Forums: Register today for our upcoming MBA Interview Forums to gain access to interview top MBA students from around the country to fill your internship, full-time MBA and experienced hire recruiting needs! For additional questions, contact Tiffany Gutshall (email@example.com). Interview forums will be held in Chicago on Friday, 31 March (Registration deadline: Wednesday, 15 March). Register here.
The CDC truly appreciates your continued support of Darden and looks forward to continuing to engage with you in the future. We look forward to hearing from you!
On May 18, here in Chicago, McKinsey is hosting a Women in Operations Leadership Event. This event is for women in the Chicago area with work experience in the field of Operations, including: supply chain, manufacturing, product development, etc. This is an exclusive discussion and networking session hosted by McKinsey & Company professionals to:
- Explore how to build your network of mentors and sponsors
- Experience McKinsey’s commitment to developing female leaders
- Learn about McKinsey’s work in Operations
- Engage with other highly talented women in Operations
Attendance is by application only. Please email your resume or bio as an attachment to: Women_In_Operations@mckinsey.com
Call, text, email a classmate or two and ask them to join you along with all the other UVA schools and meet at Lincoln Station, in the Lincoln Park neighborhood (at 2432 N. Lincoln Avenue, 60614) to watch UVA take on Villanova in a battle of basketball titans. Noon tipoff, Sunday January 29.
Bonus – in basketball there is always a bonus – you can also join the UVA faithful and ‘railgate’ (yeah, I made that up but you see what I did there, tailgate but on a train so ‘railgate’… ) for the UVA vs Notre Dame game on January 24. You can get tickets through UVA Club of Chicago.
Join the UVA Club of Chicago, in conjunction with Madison House Alumni Council, for our 2nd annual Holiday Party, Thursday, December 8
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
There are several door prizes to purchase during this event. Any donations will go to Madison House’s Holiday Sharing Program, which endeavors to aid needy families in the Charlottesville, VA area.
Your $10 entrance fee gets you appetizers and special prices on drinks.
This event is in River North at the Pepper Canister (509 N Wells St, 60654).
Click HERE to register. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Questions? Please contact Jen Austin (CLAS ’05) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago ‘Hoos, UVA Men’s Basketball is back! All alumni, parents and friends are invited to join fellow ‘Hoos at our game watch bar, Lincoln Station, in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, at 2432 N. Lincoln Avenue, 60614.
Food and drink specials may be available at each game watch. For more information, please contact Jason Schraub (CLAS ’11) at email@example.com.
For ACC fans, I wanted to pass along Lincoln Park’s new Tobacco Road Tap Room. for some fall fun at new ACC Bar, Tobacco Road TapRoom on Wednesday, November 9 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Appetizers and drink specials will be provided.
Sept 8 @ 6:30 – The Darden Offices of Engagement and Admissions invite you to enjoy an evening of hospitality at the Chicago Admissions/Alumni reception hosted by Google and our Google working alumni D’10 Caroline O’Sheasy and D’14 Warner Lewis. The Darden alumni community is a valuable asset in attracting top talent and, as always, we encourage you to invite prospective students.
We are excited to announce that Mike Lenox, senior associate dean and chief strategy officer, will be in attendance, along with Michael Woodfolk and they looks forward to meeting you. Please join Mike Lenox, Admissions staff and your fellow alumni to discuss the Darden distinction with prospective students for the three formats of the School’s MBA program: residential MBA, MBA for Executives and Global MBA for Executives.
Darden delivers the world’s best business education experience, and we invite you to share your journey as a valued member of the School’s powerful, global network. Prospective students enjoy talking to you about your time at Darden; please join us to share your story.
Google’s new Chicago office: 320 North Morgan Street, #600, Chicago, IL 60607